Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring has arrived...

I, personally, love spring. Lots of sun, warmer weather, trees flowering....ahh, I could just sit outside all day taking it all in. I seem to have lots of energy to work, play and be with the family and friends. Definitely one of my favorite seasons.

Not for my son though. My middle son just HATES spring. He is a huge allergy sufferer. We've done a ton of testing and turns out he is highly allergic to most kinds of "grass." Could be the wild grass on the side of the road or the grass in your backyard. After a cool winter, lots of rain and spring sun, the grass is in full bloom and he is miserable. We are working with his doctors and have tried multiple medications and finally found a combination that "sort-of-mostly" works. Xyzal has been a great med for him but he still suffers a great deal and is especially irritable (oh joy!).

Since we are big outdoor type people, we've been trying to find a way for this son to stay active without having to suffer outside in the spring.. Enter in ice skating! We've been taking lessons for several weeks and he is doing great. After 3 lesson, he was moved up a level because of his "power and speed." (Meaning he is highly competitive and will do anything to be the first kid to reach the opposite wall) Yes, the drive to the rink is super long. Yes, hockey can be expensive. But for my active middle child, it might be just what he needs. I don't mind the drive since his sister is taking lessons at the same time. I thought I would post some pics for you to see them in action :-)



No comments: